6.22.2012

CJ Top 5: Feel Good Movies



Everyone has a "feel good movie". It can be anything. Usually, you can it watch over, and over again without getting tired of it. For my part, I think I have too many "feel good movies," because I keep watching the same movies over, and over again. 
Top 5: Feel Good Movies, again, only mine. 


5. 27 Dresses
Yes, Katherine Heigl opens this top 5. This movie, according, here, to a movie-lover, AND a girl, is funny. Really cliché though, but funny. Same storyline as all rom-com movies. I just love to watch it for the scene when she wears all here 27 bridesmaid dresses. Plus, it happens in New York City.


4. Chicago
The only musical I can watch over, and over again. I always wanted to live in the 20s in Chicago for all the jazz clubs, the short dresses and skirts. The songs are catchy (I know them all), and I LOVE Roxie's (Renée Zellweger) haircut. "The name on everybody's lips is gonna be, Roxie!" I always wanted to sing this on a stage, but I can't sing, so I think I can cross that from my list of "dreams."


3. Bridget Jones's Diary
Two words, one name: Renée Zellweger... again. One of my favorite actress. I love this movie, because I love how Bridget (Renée Z.) tries to take control of her life, but unfortunately, she always fails. I also love the part where she listens to Chaka Khan... weird eh? I love that song. 
Anyway, her british accent is just perfecto. Hugh Grant didn't know she was American until the end of production. Oh yes, Hugh Grant, and Colin Firth are other reasons for me to watch that movie every month. Yum.


2. The Devil Wears Prada
Every girl has seen this movie, or at least heard of it. This movie was made for girls (unless your name is Peter Klaven... get it?). Every time I finish watching it, I always have this boost of confidence in me that says "tomorrow, I will dress nice!" NOT. The next day, I just put on my sweatpants. End of discussion. 


1. (500) Days of Summer
Weird eh? This movie isn't suppose to make me feel better, right? But it's my favorite movie, and I watch it at least two times a month (at least). Why my favorite? It's realist. This is no rom-com "I love you, I don't love you, *something happens*, let's spend the rest of our lives together!" Just... no. Relationships are not like this. As the narrator said "This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story." Exactly. It's a story ABOUT love. How things don't always work out, and that rom-com are bullsh*t. Yes, they are suppose to make people feel better, but same storyline every time, and they kind of brainwash young girls with their fairy tales. 


You. No, I'm talking to the person behind you. Of course YOU! The one who is reading this. What's your feel good movie? There are tones of them, so don't be shy to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment