4.05.2012

CJ Top 5: Comedy Movies



Let's be honest here, there are a zillion comedy movies, and I have to pick five. F-I-V-E! Cinco! That's the number of fingers in one hand (FYI). Sorry if I don't mention all of them, and this is only movies I saw in 18 years. 
(I know y'all going to go to see number 1. Go ahead, but I'm still starting with number 5!)


5. Dumb and Dummer
This movie had to be here somewhere in this list. This is a classic in terms of comedies. If you haven't heard of it that means you live inside a cave, you have to see it! I thought the script was amazing. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels sometimes even improvised their lines and you don't even know it. It's good, it's entertaining, I love it!
One of my favorite quote:
Airport Clerk: Sir, you can't go in there! 
Lloyd: It's okay, I'm a limo driver! 

4. Superbad
Yes. I know. This might not be the best of all, but I think it's HILARIOUS. Seriously, who didn't laugh? Yes, Michael Cera is, again, playing the awkward teenager. Who cares? He's good at it.
If (again) you didn't see this one, I must warn you, there's a lot of swearing... which makes the film even more awesome!
F word count: 186. (source: IMDB)
One of my favorite quote:
Fogell: Yo guys! Sup? 
Seth: Fogell, where have you been, man? You almost gave me a goddamn heart attack. Let me see it. Did you pussy out or what? 
Fogell: No noooo, man. I got it! It is flawless. Check it! 
Evan: [examining the fake ID] Hawaii. All right, that's good. That's hard to trace, I guess. Wait... you changed your name to... McLovin? 
Fogell: Yeah. 
Evan: McLovin? What kind of a stupid name is that, Fogell? What, are you trying to be an Irish R&B singer? 
Fogell: Naw, they let you pick any name you want when you get down there. 
Seth: And you landed on McLovin... 
Fogell: Yeah. It was between that or Muhammed. 
Seth: Why the f**k would it be between THAT or Muhammed? Why don't you just pick a common name like a normal person? 
Fogell: Muhammed is the most commonly used name on Earth. Read a f**king book for once.



3. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
"Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight.
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day.
And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.
Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight." 
That's it. 
One of my favorite quote:
Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast. 
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch. 
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it? 
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart. 
Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident? 
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident. 
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.  





2. The Hangover
Something crazy. Something new. Something to laugh at until you pee in your pants. That's what the creator of The Hangover looked for when they had the idea to put Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis in a same movie. 
I think that without all the swearing, this film would be three cool and relax guys who try to find their friend. SWEARING WAS A KEY IN THIS MOVIE. Dah.
The Hangover, Part II is pretty awesome too. Same structure as the first one, but the humour is darker, i.e. funnier.
One of my favorite quote
Stu Price: [playing piano and singing passionately] What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers... well then we're sh*t out of luck. 


1. I Love You, Man 
Yes, my heart goes to I Love You, Man. A man trying to make friends. Never heard of this concept before. I have nothing else to say, it's just amazing (AweSoMeeEEE). 
One of my favorite quote:
Peter Klaven: I love you, man. 
Sydney Fife: I love you, too, bud. 
Peter Klaven: I love you, dude. 
Sydney Fife: I love you, Bro Montana. 
Peter Klaven: I love you, holmes. 
Sydney Fife: I love you, Broseph Goebbels. 
Peter Klaven: I love you, muchacha. 
Sydney Fife: I love you, Tycho Brohe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment